Friday, November 2, 2012

Pools & Sailboats


In 2002, my now ex and I were looking for a lake house and found one in a great neighborhood. It had a shared dock, above ground pool and a basement. Oh and a hot tub in the master bedroom.

That house - the pool specifically - imprinted itself on our daughter. Many boring details aside, we didn't buy that house.

The house we did buy was better suited for us and still on the lake. I was sold when I saw the view. 

The sellers took their fridge to Texas with them so we got a new one and set a delivery date.

The day came and we went to welcome the new fridge to our new home. While we waited for the delivery guys, the ex and I admired the lake view. It was a typical windy day in Tennessee and sailboats were out enjoying the crisp spring day.

I was at the front door checking to see if the fridge had arrived yet when I heard my daughter exclaim, "Momma! Momma! There's a sailboat in my pool!"


Sure enough there were several sailboats on the water - right out our very own back door!

No comments:

Post a Comment