Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Poetry from the heart

Today I thought I’d share one of my all time favorite poems with you. The author was 14 or so when it was written. 

Without question, it came from the heart, from the soul and from the mind. My only claim is it written for me about 25 years ago.

I Love You

Three words is all they are
Thoughtless and carelessly made
I strode bravely into the darkness
Really hopeless and very afraid.

And then I saw the meaning
In a distant pair of eyes
A glimmer of hope and truth
I’d lost in the carnage of lies.

Three words is all they are
I said frightened and unsure
And then you taught me the truth
That no words could be more pure.

And now I look into those eyes
Not distant but loving and sharing
My love indeed I give to you
For no thing is truer than caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment