Monday, October 8, 2012

What if you knew you'd be the last to touch someone?

If I knew I were to be the last to touch someone, I’d hug them. First and foremost. Regardless. No question. 

A touch can mean so much. A hug is such an expressive act between two people and say so much. Strength and power. Tenderness and caring. Protection and support.

Aside from the hug, I’d sit close enough to touch even a small patch of skin on our elbows or knees at the very least. I want to be close enough to feel the love between us. Or the animosity. Or the awkwardness. Right then, what we feel for one another – or don’t – goes out the window.

I’d trace lines on their face. Touch their lips. Scratch their back or rub their shoulders. Run my fingers through their hair or over their head. I may even make animal feet run up and down their arm and have them guess what animal it was.

I want it known that I care. If I touch or am touched, then I feel respect in some regard. When I touch, I want to convey I’m here for you.  No matter the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment