Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Putting Her To Bed


Way back in 2002 or 2003 or so, I still put my daughter to bed. She was 4 or so and still sweet and innocent. So we thought...

My ex was on the couch watching TV while I gave the kid a bath. After the bath, I took her downstairs to say good night to her "da-da". 

True to the routine, she was slow and stalled trying to postpone the inevitable. I was used to it and didn't rush her. 

As we turned to go back upstairs, she stomped her feet and I saw the sulk start. She had been in a great mood most of the night. Quite the attitude.

"What in the world is wrong, Squirt?" I asked.

A few steps up, she answered with, "I'm not ready to go to f***ing bed!"


I looked at my ex still on the couch. He looked at me. Both of us were dumbfounded! I wanted to laugh because it was so cute and honest. But my 4 year old dropped an F bomb!

My ex finally said, "Well, she used it in the right context." True enough. 

I, of course, admonished her but didn't extract any punishment. She was just a little thing and really didn't know what she said. If happened again, I'd deal with it differently.

There's only been one other incident...

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment